Error: Failed to get IP data: can't connect through proxy
The following errors usually indicate an issue on the proxy provider’s side:
- “Failed to get IP data: can't connect through proxy”
- “Can’t open session”
- “Connection test failed”
- “Error” or “Proxy error” in browser profile status
- The profile is stuck on “Launching“ for a long time
- "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED", "ERR_TIMED_OUT", "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" in the browser profile window
To confirm this, try to connect to your proxy through a regular browser.
You can use a browser extension to test proxies in Firefox and Chrome. You can also refer to this article for instructions on how to test a proxy on Windows and macOS. Alternatively, you can provide our support team with proxy details (proxy type, IP, port, username, and password), and we will test them for you.
- If the proxy doesn’t work through a normal browser, reach out to your proxy provider for further assistance.
- If the proxy works through a normal browser, then most likely it is not returning the IP dependent data: Timezone, Geolocation and WebRTC
To set these values manually, first check your proxy IP on whatismyipaddress.com and then follow the steps below.
- Disable “Fill timezone based on the IP” and define it manually:
- Disable “Fill WebRTC based on the IP” and put in your proxy IP (or choose the “Disabled” mode):
- Disable “Fill geolocation based on the IP” and define the coordinates manually (or choose the “Block” mode):