Browser cookies, also known as HTTP cookies, are files used for saving user data. One of their main functions is user authentication. By using the “Cookie import” feature in Multilogin you can import cookies from your regular browser into a Mimic or a Stealthfox browser profile.
How to export cookies
Multilogin browser profiles support cookies in JSON and Netscape formats. Below you will find the browser extensions that you can use to export cookies from Chrome and Firefox. You will find more detailed instructions on this page.
- Chrome or Mimic: Cookiebro, EditThisCookie (JSON and Netscape)
- Firefox or Stealthfox: Export Cookies (Netscape), Cookie-Editor (JSON)
How to import cookies into Multilogin
Cookies can be imported in JSON and Netscape formats.
- Click on 3 dots on the right of your profile and choose “Cookie import”
- Use one of the 2 options:
- Select “File” and drag and drop your cookie file
- Select “Text” and paste your cookies in text format
- Click “Import Cookie”
How to check cookies in a browser
Here's how you can view cookies in each browser:
- For Mimic, paste this link into the browser address bar: chrome://settings/content/all
- For Stealthfox, paste this link into the browser address bar: about:preferences#privacy and on the page that will open, select “Cookies” → “Manage data”
How to import cookies using API
You can also import cookies into your browser profiles by using cookieImportJSON and cookieImportNetscape Local REST API endpoints. Both endpoints are described in our swagger documentation.