Testing a proxy
According to our reports, the majority of profile issues are caused by a malfunctioning proxy. But how can you determine if an issue is Multilogin or proxy related? By checking your proxy connection. The faster you pinpoint the cause of an issue, the closer you are to a resolution.
In this article, you will learn how to check your proxy connection using two methods.
Proxy test in Multilogin
- Open your profile settings and go to the “Proxy” tab
- Click “Check proxy” and wait for the test result
- “Connection test passed” means that Multilogin was able to connect to the proxy successfully – if you can not open a profile with a working proxy, let our support team know the error that you are getting
- “Connection test failed” means that Multilogin couldn't connect to the proxy, which often indicates that the proxy is offline (keep reading to learn how to do further checks)
Proxy test in a regular browser
- If a proxy doesn’t work through a regular browser (you can not open any pages while being connected to it), reach out to your proxy provider for further assistance
- If a proxy works through a regular browser, then most likely it is not returning the IP dependent data: Timezone, Geolocation and WebRTC – in this case, follow this guide