Multilogin and 4G connection
When you work in Multilogin, you usually manage multiple accounts. To avoid account restrictions it is important to have different IP addresses for each browser profile. In most cases 4G connection works unlike a proxy and changes the IP of the whole computer, not each profile.
However, if you use a mobile proxy farm made of USB dongles, programs that allow modems to work as proxies and control software for monitoring and checking the operation of the farm, several browser profiles can be launched at the same time. It will be enough to set the proxies for each browser profile. In this case each dongle of the farm needs to have its IP, port, username and password.
But when using Multilogin and just 1 device with 4G connection, keep in mind that you won't be able to assign different IP addresses to each browser profile and work with several profiles at the same time.
4G connection can be used with Multilogin in the next way:
- Connect your computer to your mobile hotspot or modem
- Launch any browser profile in the app and check the IP address on whatismyipaddress.com
- If you need to work with another account in a different browser profile, close the current profile and change your IP address. It is recommended to check the IP address on whatismyipaddress.com after changing it in order to make sure the new IP address is assigned
- Retry steps from the 2nd one
Try one of the following in order to change the IP address of your device:
- Switch the Airplane mode on and off for the mobile hotspot
- Unplug your router or modem for at least five minutes (depends on how often your ISP renews IP addresses in general)
- Unplug the modem and router if your router is separate from the modem (most are a combination device these days). Leave them off for at least 5 minutes. Then first power the modem on, followed by the router
If you need to work with several browser profiles at the same time and don't want to create your mobile proxy farm, you will need to purchase a proxy. Here you can view our recommended proxy providers.