Multilogin and 4G/5G connection
In order to manage multiple accounts in Multilogin and avoid restrictions, it is important to use a different IP address for each browser profile. Usually proxies are used to achieve that, but you can also use 4G/5G connection on your mobile device. In this article, we'll discuss how to do it.
Unlike a proxy that changes the IP of a specific profile, 4G/5G connection typically changes the IP of the whole computer. That's why with this method, you will be able to use only one profile at a time.
Using Multilogin with 4G/5G connection
- Connect your computer to your mobile hotspot or modem
- Launch any browser profile in the app and check the IP address on our checker page or whatismyipaddress.com
- If you need to work with another account in a different browser profile, close the current profile and change your IP address (see recommendations below)
- Repeat steps 2 and 3
Changing the IP of your mobile connection
You can use any method below to change your mobile IP.
- Switch the Airplane mode on and off for the mobile hotspot
- Unplug your router or modem for at least five minutes (depends on how often your ISP renews IP addresses in general)
- Unplug the modem and router if your router is separate from the modem (most are a combination device these days). Leave them off for at least 5 minutes. Then first power the modem on, followed by the router
If you need to work with several browser profiles at the same time and don't want to create your mobile proxy farm, you will need to purchase a proxy.