Multilogin X: quick start guide
It's time to start your Multilogin X journey, and we are here to walk you through it! In just four easy steps, you'll have your first browser profile ready to go. If you feel a bit lost, message our support anytime to get instant help.
Step 1: Register an account
...or log in. If you have already registered a Multilogin X account during the beta stage, head straight over to step 3 of this guide.
- Visit app.multilogin.com and click “Register now”
- Fill out all the fields and click “Create account”
- Enter the verification code from your email (be sure to check your Social, Promo, and Spam folders)
Step 2: Buy a subscription
We know, we know, beta testing has ended and now there's no trial. But there is hope with our full money-back guarantee. If something doesn’t work out for you, simply contact us within 14 days after the purchase, and we will issue a full refund.
- Click “View plans” to visit your billing area
- Navigate to the “Subscription” section and choose the plan that benefits your business the mostIf you want a semi-annual/annual/custom plan, don't choose any subscription on this step! Contact us via chat or email [email protected] – and we'll help you further.
- Choose a payment method: we accept card*, PayPal, and crypto payments
- Pay the invoice: we have this handy guide that will help if you get stuck
- Head back to your Multilogin X account and click “Get started”
Step 3: Set up an agent
You are halfway there! Now, we present to you the agent – the heart of Multilogin X that makes running profiles possible.
- Download the agent for your OS: if you're using a Mac, make sure you have macOS 12 (Monterey) or a newer OS version
- Click the downloaded file name (for example, for Chrome you will find it in chrome://downloads/)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
- At the end, make sure the checkbox “Launch MLX” is selected and click “Finish”
- Click “Launch agent” and wait while Multilogin downloads all components and establishes the connection (wait time can be longer with slower connection speeds)
- You will see a message “Agent connected”
An agent connection error came up? Not to worry: this can happen if your antivirus or firewall rules are too strict. Note that our agent is a properly signed and certified app, and it's completely safe.
Try to disable your antivirus and/or firewall and repeat the steps. Later, you can whitelist the agent in those apps. If the issue is still there, contact support, and we will figure it out together.
Step 4: Create a profile
The moment you've been waiting for is here.
- Click “New profile” and enter its name in the top field
- Operating system: choose your device's OS for best results
- Browser: Mimic is built on Chrome (best for Facebook) and Stealthfox is built on Firefox (best for Google)
- Storage type: choose cloud storage for seamless multi-device access and synchronization, and local storage for exceptional speed and saving data on your deviceOnce the profile is created, it's not possible to change these settings anymore.
- Click “Next” at the bottom and fill in your proxy details (head over to this page for more details on proxies)
- Click “Create” at the bottom of the screen and then “Launch”
- Wait while Multilogin downloads your browser cores: it only needs to do it once for every core release (wait time can be longer with slower connection speeds)
Bonus step: Elevate your strategy
Congrats! You're now on your way to becoming a pro Multilogin user. Explore these useful resources to level up your business strategy, and feel free to chat with our expert support team for advice that fits your unique situation.
- Check out our API documentation and Knowledge base articles to discover how you can automate and scale your business effectively (we support Selenium, Puppeteer, and Playwright)
- Take control of your team's access to browser profiles with 4 new roles designed to meet your needs (not available in Solo plan)
- Explore the best tips and tricks for managing multiple accounts