Teamwork 2.0 functionality
Teamwork 2.0 is designed for teams that use Multilogin and is available in Team, Scale, and Custom subscription plans. You can work more effectively by sharing access to profiles with your team members. With Teamwork 2.0 you will also be protected from starting the same browser profiles on different devices at the same time thanks to the Active session lock feature.
Teamwork 2.0 features
- Share entire groups of profiles with your team members
- Assign different permissions to shared groups
- Invite team members from the app interface
- Assign profiles to groups on browser profile creation step
Managing a team
You can view and manage your team members from the "Team members" section in the left navigation panel.
Inviting a team member
- Click "Team members"
- Click "Invite user" if you are just starting out or "Add team member" if you have team members added
- Enter the email address of the user into the "User email" field
- Copy the temporary password from the "Temporary password" field and save it
- Click "Add" and an email invitation to log into Multilogin will be sent to the user’s email specified in Step 3
- Provide the user with the temporary password that was saved earlier, if you chose not to send it by email
- A team member can install Multilogin and log into their account using a login (email address) and a temporary password
Removing a team member
- Select the "Team members" tab
- Open a team member's settings
- Click "Remove"
Sharing browser profiles
In order to share your profiles with a team member, these profiles need to be added to a group. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create a group and add profiles.
- Select "All profiles" → "Groups"
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the group and select "Edit"
- Select the team member, assign the required permissions and click "Save"
- Launch — the team member will only be able to start browser profiles in the group
- Launch, edit, create — the team member will be able to start, edit browser profiles in the group as well as create new profiles
This feature allows you to share groups with team members, edit team members' permissions and revoke access to shared groups.
- Click "Team members"
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the team member and select "Edit permissions"
- Select the required group(s)
Moving profiles between groups with restricted access
A team member cannot move profiles from a group with "Launch" permissions to a group with "Launch, edit, create" permissions. In the "Move browser profile" window, the following warning will be shown:
If a team member tries to transfer a profile to a group with "Launch" permissions, there will be a warning that access rights will be limited (1). A team member can also move a profile to a group they don't have access to. In this case, a message will appear stating that access will be lost (2).
Error "Cannot invite existing user"
When trying to invite a new member to a team, you may encounter the "Cannot invite existing user" error:
This error means that the email address you wanted to use to create a team member account is already registered in Multilogin. To solve this problem, use a different e-mail when adding a team member.