Teamwork 2.0 functionality
Teamwork 2.0 is designed for teams that use Multilogin. It allows managing your browser profiles, groups, team members and their access rights quickly and conveniently. You can view and manage your team members from the "Team members" section in the left navigation panel.
Teamwork 2.0 features
- Share entire groups of profiles with your team members
- Assign different permissions to shared groups
- Invite team members from the app interface
- Assign profiles to groups on browser profile creation step
Inviting a team member
- Click "Team members"
- Click "Invite user" if you are just starting out or "Add team member" if you have team members added
- Enter the email address of the user into the "User email" field
- Copy the temporary password from the "Temporary password" field and save it*
- Click "Add" and an email invitation to log into Multilogin will be sent to the user’s email specified in Step 3
- Provide the user with the temporary password that was saved earlier, if you chose not to send it by email
Error: cannot invite existing user
Keep in mind that the users that already have an account with Multilogin can't be added as team members. If an invitation is sent to an existing user, there will be an error "cannot invite existing user". In this case you should use a different email address.
Removing a team member
- Select the "Team members" tab and click on the 3 dots on the right
- Click "Remove"
Sharing browser profiles
In order to share your profiles with a team member, these profiles need to be added to a group. Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to create a group and add profiles.
- Select the "All profiles" tab or the "Unassigned" group
- Select the "Groups" tab in the top panel
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the group and select "Edit"
- Select the team member, assign the required permissions and click "Save"
- Launch — the team member will only be able to start browser profiles in the group
- Launch, edit, create — the team member will be able to start, edit browser profiles in the group as well as create new profiles
This feature allows you to share groups with team members, edit team members' permissions and revoke access to shared groups.
- Click "Team members"
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the team member and select "Edit permissions"
- Select the required group(s)
- Choose the permissions from the drop-down menu on the right and click "Save"
Moving profiles from "Launch" groups to "Launch, edit, create" groups
Previously, team members could move profiles from groups with a "Launch" permission to groups with a "Launch, edit, create" permission. This created a possibility to edit profiles that weren't intended to be edited.
This possibility has now been removed, and this change can be seen in the "Move to group" window of the user interface.
If a user wants to move a profile from one group to another, profiles from groups with "Launch" permission will be selectable (a), but profiles from groups with "Launch, edit, create" permission will not be selectable. (b)
If a user attempts to move a profile to a group that they don't have access to, a warning icon with a tooltip message will appear to warn the user that the profile will no longer be accessible to them. (c)
Checkbox selection has also been removed from this UI.