Browser extensions and plugins
There are two ways to install a browser extension or a plugin into Multilogin browser profiles. This article explains how to do it.
Using browser interface
This method is the same as installing extensions in regular browsers. We recommend using it as a primary method and only refer to the second one if it doesn't work for your use case.
- Start your browser profile
- Visit Chrome web store if you use Mimic or Firefox browser add-ons page if you use Stealthfox
- Choose your extension and click "Add to Chrome" or "Add to Firefox"
- You will see the installed extension in the top right corner of the browser profile window
Using browser settings
With this method, you can pre-load any browser extensions or plugins into Multilogin profiles, including custom ones.
Downloading a CRX extension for Mimic
- Visit Chrome web store
- Choose your extension and copy its link from the address bar at the top
- Visit CRX extractor and click "Start for free"
- Paste the link you've copied from Chrome web store and click "Download"
- A CRX file will be downloaded to your computer
Downloading an XPI extension for Stealthfox
- Visit the Firefox browser add-ons page
- Choose your extension. Right-click the "Add to Firefox" button and choose "Save Link As"
- An XPI file will be downloaded to your computer
Adding your extension file to a Multilogin browser profile
- Copy the CRX or XPI extension file to the "custom-extensions" folder:
- For Windows:
- For Mac: open Finder and press Cmd + Shift + H to open a user folder, then press Cmd + Shift + . (period) to show hidden files. Go to the ".multiloginapp.com" → "custom-extensions" folder
- For Windows:
- Restart Multilogin
- Go to the settings of your browser profile or create a new one
- Select "Advanced" → "Extensions" and enable the "Pre-load custom extensions" feature
- Click "Select", choose your extension and click "Save"
- Click "Create profile" or "Update profile"
- Start your profile, and you will see your extension in the top right corner of the browser profile window