Browser profile settings
Browser profile settings are a set of parameters that determine the behavior of your browser profiles. This page explains the available values and how you can alter them.
In this section, you can set the following parameters:
- Profile name
- Group where the profile will be located
- Operating system: we recommend that it matches your original OS (macOS, Windows, Linux). Android profiles functionality is available in the experimental state – you can try it and see if it works well for your use case.
- Browser type: Mimic is built on Chrome and Stealthfox is built on Firefox. Choosing between the two is a matter of your personal preference. If you work with Google Ads, however, we do recommend using Mimic.
- Get new fingerprint: gives you a new browser fingerprint that looks like a different user for websites online.
In this section, you can set up your connection type:
- Without proxy
- HTTP and Socks proxies
- Proxy over SSH (POSSH) – check if this option in enabled in the "Plugins" section of your app
- Bright Data (former Luminati) – check if this option in enabled in the "Plugins" section of your app
- GeoSurf – check if this option in enabled in the "Plugins" section of your app
Timezone, WebRTC, Geolocation
If you are using a proxy, these settings are populated automatically, and you don't need to make any changes. You can learn more about each parameter in the Browser fingerprints section of our website.
This section offers a wide variety of browser fingerprint settings. Multilogin by default sets the optimized values for your browser profiles. To get a better understanding of each of them, you can visit the Browser fingerprints section.
This section introduces additional browser profile parameters:
- Active session lock: prevents profiles from being started on different computers at the same time.
- Google services: this feature allows the use of Google services (Maps, Translate, etc.).
- Browser notifications
- Start URL: when a browser profile is started, it opens the Multilogin checker page by default, which displays your IP, OS, location and your user agent. This functionality is only available in Custom plans – contact us to learn more.
- Custom DNS
- Port scan protection: blocks websites from being able to determine which ports are open on your local network.